Sunday, January 20, 2013

ManyThanks!

While home for winter break in Connecticut, I held a fundraiser and was overwhelmed by the support I received from friends and family.

I would like to thank you all warmly from my class and I for your generous contributions of money and supplies as well as your words of encouragement, advice and support.

We appreciate the new materials including: whiteboards and markers, bottle caps and other found objects for counting and patterns, two doctor's kits for our unit on learning about the body, two cash registers for dramatic play and math, scales for our math unit on measurements as well as everyday materials and costs for running the school such as craft items, cleaning supplies, soap, towels, field trip transportation and birthday treats.





The bulk of the money raised is going towards a scholarship and I am so excited about our newest student. She has been coming to the library and after school programs since she was very young and has so much wisdom and experience to share with our class. The scholarship will benefit her as well, teaching her valuable language skills in English and building her academic skills in math, science and literacy. It is our hope that with the education she gets here she will be able to continue growing and learning so that she will have more options open to her in the future.



Our school depends on donations for our scholarship students, which we believe to be one of the most important parts of the work that we are doing, so I sincerely thank everyone who donated. Upon returning from break we feel renewed with positive energy and belief in the work we are doing here. I am excited about our new students and supplies as well as the support I received at home.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment